Monday 19 September 2016

SemiyaPayasam/ Vermicelli Kheer

SemiyaPayasam/ Vermicelli Kheer

The third option for onam/ wedding sadya – Semiya Payasam. But always served with Boli. If possible I do pick the boil out so that semiyapayasam don't get mixed with boli. I love both .... ummm

My craving to have quick sweet ends up in semiyapayasam while I had NIDO milk instead of fresh milk. Unfortunately I had to empty it... since the family I stepped into is a ‘zero’ milk family.

Ingredients:
Semiya–1 cup (broken)
Milk – 4 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Water – 3 cup
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Cardamom –1 tsp / 5 nos
Cashew nut – 10 nos

Method:
Take a thick bottomed pan – I used cooker. Heat 1 tbsp of ghee. When it melts add broken semiya/ vermicelli and fry until golden brown.

Pour 2 cups of water with 2 cups of milk to the fried semiya and bring to boil. Use a ladle to stir it so that it don't get stick to the bottom. Check whether the semiya is cooked. Now add 3/4cup of sugar to it.

You can get a watery payasam now but still the consistency is required because it gets thick when it is cooled down.

Now add the rest of the milk to it. Reduce the flame. In another frying pan fry the cashew with the ghee left. Pour this to the payasamwith cardamom on top. Close this with a lid for few minutes to maintain the aroma. Enjoy your holiday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment